SCH Becomes Affiliate of Centura Health
CENTURA HEALTH AND STANTON COUNTY HOSPITAL SIGN AFFILIATE AGREEMENT TO KEEP CARE IN THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Strategic affiliation designed to optimize health care value
Centura Health, the region’s health care leader, and Stanton County Hospital (SCH), in Johnson City, KS., have signed an affiliation agreement that enables SCH to continue to deliver high quality health care to residents in southwestern Kansas. The organizations are focused on keeping health care local, and will align to support programs and expand clinical services.
Through the agreement, Stanton County Hospital will work closely with leadership from St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City, Kan., part of Centura Health, to strengthen the oversight of capital expenditures, group purchasing, supplies and other areas related to revenue and expenses. As the fourth affiliate in Kansas, its inclusion strengthens and expands Centura Health’s Affiliate Hospital network in western Kansas, joining Goodland Regional Medical Center, in Goodland, Logan County Hospital, in Oakley, and Morton County Hospital, in Elkhart.
Stanton County Hospital becomes the eleventh independent affiliate to join the Centura Health network, along with Conejos County Hospital, in La Jara, Colo.; Goodland Regional Medical Center, in Goodland, KS.; Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center, in Salida, Colo.; Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home, in Hugo, Colo.; Logan County Hospital, in Oakley, KS.; Morton County Health System, in Elkhart, KS.; Middle Park Medical Center, in Kremmling and Granby, Colo.; Rio Grande Hospital, in Del Norte, Colo.; San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center, in Alamosa, Colo.; and St. Vincent Hospital, in Leadville, Colo.
IMPROVING HEALTH CARE VALUE:
- Both Stanton County Hospital and Centura Health believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible. Keeping health care local contributes to a community’s economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- The agreement supports long-term collaboration to promote sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
- By sharing best practices across our integrated network, Centura Health and Stanton County Hospital will work to offer convenient, integrated, high-value care when and where it is needed.
- “We are committed to joining with Stanton County Hospital to plan for the future of health care delivery to the residents of Johnson City,” said Russ Johnson, senior vice president, network development and outreach, Centura Health. “Especially during these challenging times for small and rural hospitals, we remain focused on the collaboration and support with Stanton County to ensure that health care services remain local.
- “Our relationship with Centura Health is an important step for the future security of health care in Johnson City, KS.” said Jay Tusten, CEO, Stanton County Hospital. “In order to remain a sustainable hospital, we see great opportunities and benefits from the additional resources and cost savings that this affiliation will bring. We look forward to the collaboration, and a bright future focused on quality patient care in the area we serve.”
About Stanton County Hospital
The role and Mission of Stanton County Hospital is to provide affordable, quality, friendly, confidential and professional health care to Stanton County and surrounding areas by offering comprehensive care to prevent illness, relieve suffering, restore health and promote wellness during each life stage. Located in Johnson City, KS., this 18 bed Critical Access Hospital services the community through obstetrics, laboratory, radiology, physical therapy, speech therapy, emergency medicine and has a 25-bed long-term care unit. Stanton County Hospital is committed to providing excellent health care for their community with integrity, mutual respect, confidentiality and compassion. For more information, please visit: www.stantoncountyhospital.com.
About Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 18,100 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 15 hospitals, six senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life® Colorado, we are making the region’s best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. We believe you can inspire the people you care about to live healthier lives by encouraging them to do the little things that can make a big difference. We’re Centura Health, and we’re here for your health. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.